Why become a member? ×

Ashdown amp, working then not, then working again.

T-Bay

Weird one this but wondering if anyone can shed any light on it. There is an Ashdown amp where I work and I have been using it for our band practices in recent weeks. Yesterday it worked fine with my Schecter (active) it was also working fine this lunchtime with an Ibanez (passive), then this evening I could get nothing out of the schecter, I tried a new battery but nothing at all. I had a spare bass (epiphone passive) and that worked fine. I tried the schecter at home and it's fine.

Any ideas what could be happening? I am guessing it's something to do with the active aspect of the schecter but no idea how or what.

Just a punt but I would try different leads first. active basses use stereo jack sockets and use the mono jail plug of you cable to make the earth connection, connecting the battery to the pre-amp. So either the lead has a stereo plug or, there is something wrong with the stereo jack socket on the Schecter. Or I could be completely wrong.

I wondered that myself but we tried three different leads, all worked with the passive but not the schecter, one had worked with it fine the day before and worked ok on my amp when I got home and checked it. It's really strange, the amp May well have had it's settings twiddled with in the intervening time but can't be sure and we had a damn good fiddle with and couldn't get anything. I was going to gig the schecter on Wednesday for the first time but now just have this little niggle at the back of my mind.