Why become a member? ×

** Sold ** Alembic Rogue 4 String - excellent condition
£3000

Andy

here's my 2008 Alembic Rogue 4 string for sale (no trades sorry)

It's in excellent condition with no issues.

[attachment=241789:2017-03-27 16.45.21 HDR.jpg] [attachment=241790:2017-03-27 16.45.12 HDR.jpg]

It's built with a mahogany core so it's not light (I'll check weight and confirm but I'm sure it's 10lbs +)

The Alembic optional extras of curly redwood top and oval mother of pearl fretboard inlays. I think the curly redwood and slim shape give it great looks - imho one of the best looking Alembics that I've seen (just my opinion).

Most important of all, this bass is capable of an absolutely huge tone! (that I think you'd probably expect from the more expensive Alembics).

Here's the build spec from Alembic

[b][color=#B22222][font=Helvetica]model name: Rogue[/font]
[font=Helvetica]model number: QLB4[/font]
[font=Helvetica]top: Curly Redwood[/font]
[font=Helvetica]accent: Maple laminate, Purpleheart pinstripe[/font]
[font=Helvetica]body: Mahogany[/font]
[font=Helvetica]neck: 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart[/font]
[font=Helvetica]scale: 34" long[/font]
[font=Helvetica]fingerboard: Ebony[/font]
[font=Helvetica]inlays: mother of pearl ovals[/font]
[font=Helvetica]side markers: aluminum[/font]
[font=Helvetica]pickups: Alembic MXY4[/font]
[font=Helvetica]controls: volume, pan, filter, Q-switch, bass cut/flat/boost, treble [/font]
[font=Helvetica]cut/flat/boost, mono output[/font]
[font=Helvetica]finish: Polyester gloss with satin neck[/font]
[font=Helvetica]originally made for: Bass World, UK[/font]
[font=Helvetica]birthday: July 17, 2008[/font][/color][/b]

I've struggled to find what I think is a fair market value for this so I'm going to ask £3000 and value your feedback/reactions.
[attachment=241377:IMG_1725.JPG][attachment=241378:IMG_1717.JPG][attachment=241379:IMG_1700.JPG][attachment=241380:IMG_1698.JPG][attachment=241381:IMG_1719.JPG][attachment=241382:IMG_1699.JPG][attachment=241383:IMG_1712.JPG]

Edited by Andy

That top is absolutely stunning - the most beautiful timbers I've seen have been on Alembics. I suppose that at 2k dollars a slice for some of this stuff, you'd expect it. The curly redwood here is outstanding! Indeed, this bass has some high-end Alembics features. Actually a bit of a bargain if you look at current prices (and it should balance well!) Good luck - a beauty!

[quote name='three' timestamp='1490345787' post='3264408']
That top is absolutely stunning - the most beautiful timbers I've seen have been on Alembics. I suppose that at 2k dollars a slice for some of this stuff, you'd expect it. The curly redwood here is outstanding! Indeed, this bass has some high-end Alembics features. Actually a bit of a bargain if you look at current prices (and it should balance well!) Good luck - a beauty!
[/quote]

Yes - great balance due to the long horn and offset body.
Looks like the list price is currently $10,000 + (& import duty, & an extra 20% due to terrible exchange rate!)) :)

• 2 weeks later...