Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Fretless Jazz Bass (1974 neck + parts)
£1350

italiancross

I'm selling my fretless Fender USA Jazz Bass, with neck and other parts from 1974.

The neck was bought along with other US-made original parts (tuners, neck plate, pickguard, bridge, control plate, case) and mounted on a black Fender reissue body with the correct 70's pickup spacing. A couple of handmade E-dis pickups (www.edispickups.com for info and soundclips) were used, which give a nice rich sound and perfect string balance thanks to the raised centre poles. The pots are Fender/CTS (standard 2 Vol + 1 Tone).

The bass was assembled by my local luthier who made a perfect setup, allowing to have a reasonably low action for a fretless (less than 2.5mm at 12th fret). It is currently equipped with D'Addario roundwound strings (45-105) and plays perfectly.

Now SOLD, thanks

Edited by italiancross

• 3 weeks later...

The bass is still available.
It's also on sale elsewhere, one guy judged the price too high for an instrument that's only partly original, but the single parts are expensive when bought separately (and my luthier doesn't work for free!). I can consider serious cash offers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...