Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Precision Fretless (taken apart and withdrawn)
£270

mr.noisy

Hey guys,

Wanted to try the fretless game, but I just play my fretted Precision all the time anyway, so this one seems unhappy and looking for a new home.

Bass is in as new condition, fitted with flats. It's very light, not sure about exact weight but it's the lightest bass I've had. Lovely sunburst, no modifications at all. Sounds great too!

[s]At the moment it's for trade only.[/s] Looking to get Jazz Bass, preferably with rosewood board. No boutique jazzes though as budget is tight. Don't mind throwing some extra dosh towards the trade but as I said, budget is tight so Mexican standard Jazz would be perfect. Otherwise maybe some Japanese replicas like Tokai.

I am based in London, so please keep that in mind as I'd like to trade in person so we can both check the basses out. I don't mind travelling out of London within reasonable distance though.

[s]Trade only at the moment[/s], but you are more than welcome to message me even if you would like to buy it and if I'll have no trade offers or offers that won't catch my eye then I might sell it and just buy a Jazz instead.

Edited by mr.noisy

[quote name='Henrythe8' timestamp='1490707627' post='3267224']
Would you please share the nut width ? 38mm Jazz or 42mm Precision ?
Thanks !
H
[/quote]

Hey, just made a quick picture with a ruler on the nut for reference. Also neck profile is more like Jazz than Precision.

So, even eBay didn't work here. My reserve price was £180 and so it is my final price drop. Still hoping to find a good home for this bass as it's a shame seeing it sad on the stand while my fretted P's are being played every day.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1491822933' post='3275573']
The problem you have is that you won't post it, I was interested until I saw that. But 500 miles is a long way to go.
[/quote]

That's true, I understand, but unfortunately I just don't have anything to pack it in. I might be picking some cheap bass today and I think it comes with a gig bag, and if that's the case I might consider posting it if I will be able to sort out a box.

If it's of any help, my local guitar shop will sell me a shipping box for £3.00. That and a plethora of bubble wrap and it will be good for shipping. appreciate your local guitar store may not be so helpful.....the other source for shipping boxes is a bike shop - they are usually happy to give them away, but some cardboard engineering might be involved

That's my Scouts Helpers badge work done for today!

[quote name='ricksterphil' timestamp='1491839543' post='3275780']
If it's of any help, my local guitar shop will sell me a shipping box for £3.00. That and a plethora of bubble wrap and it will be good for shipping. appreciate your local guitar store may not be so helpful.....the other source for shipping boxes is a bike shop - they are usually happy to give them away, but some cardboard engineering might be involved

That's my Scouts Helpers badge work done for today!
[/quote]

Thanks. There is one shop in London that I have spent over 3k on basses so I guess they might help me out with that :)

You wouldn't be interested in just swapping the neck would you ? I have home-finished bass with a CV Jazz bass neck that I'd like to convert to fretless, and as your fretless neck looks like a jazz neck it'd suit me fine.

Whereabouts in London are you ?

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1491852996' post='3275922']
You wouldn't be interested in just swapping the neck would you ? I have home-finished bass with a CV Jazz bass neck that I'd like to convert to fretless, and as your fretless neck looks like a jazz neck it'd suit me fine.

Whereabouts in London are you ?
[/quote]

Hey, thanks for asking, but I was more after the Jazz Bass tone than fretted neck.

Ended up picking up Harley Benton jazz from here and just swapped the necks and to finish off this story, Squier is no longer a Squier and is withdrawn. Thanks for all the interest anyway guys :)

If anyone is interested in a body though, please give me a shout.

Edited by mr.noisy