Why become a member? ×

Paisley Precision 5 String

yorks5stringer

I fancy one of these and am toying with options. Given they did not make a 5er, I'm thinking of getting one of these (Bach BPB60) sanding the clearcote and pasting pink paisley wall paper over the body. Then spraying the edges to get a burst effect., then clearcote These come in at c £250. Or sticking to a 4 string HB for around £90 and doing the same. Am I mad?

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1490482697' post='3265493']
Have a look at Hydro-graphics, I know you could get Paisley then just lacquer it yourself. I think you'd get a better finish than wallpaper :-)
[/quote]

Interesting but unsure how I'd get the sunburst effect around the edges as the graphic would be above the base colour.

My brother recently bought the black and white 5 string version and says the quality is good. Needed a tweek on the action but plays ok. I have the BaCH semi and can only say that for the money it's brilliant. I reckon your conversion job would work better starting with the painted model and then getting the vinyl you put on cars printed with your Paisley pattern. That way if it does work you at least have a reasonable black bass you can use/sell.

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1490616053' post='3266417']
My brother recently bought the black and white 5 string version and says the quality is good. Needed a tweek on the action but plays ok. I have the BaCH semi and can only say that for the money it's brilliant. I reckon your conversion job would work better starting with the painted model and then getting the vinyl you put on cars printed with your Paisley pattern. That way if it does work you at least have a reasonable black bass you can use/sell.
[/quote]

Yes, the black is cheaper but it does not have the maple neck. Also looking at maybe using Paisley fabric.....

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1490616053' post='3266417']
I reckon your conversion job would work better starting with the painted model and then getting the vinyl you put on cars printed with your Paisley pattern. That way if it does work you at least have a reasonable black bass you can use/sell.
[/quote]
That would be my plan. I have a friend who "does" vinyl. All sorts of things including complete guitar wraps.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1490566982' post='3266087']

Still looks very interesting, wonder what sort of finish you could get DIY in a sink?
[/quote]

There are DIY video's on YouTube, I paid to have mine done though because I didn't want the hassle of applying the top coat.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1490687870' post='3266962']
I love mine.

[url="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/Peasmold/media/IMG_0880_zpspvioszvp.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]
Genuine? Looks it: apparently one can buy paper with the pattern on ( some guys on the Tele site scanned it) but I've heard it's $200 a sheet...?
This is not accurate but a bit cheaper!
[url="http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbycraft-paper-sheet-paisley-print-56-cm-x-76-cm/589880-1000"]http://www.hobbycraf...-cm/589880-1000[/url]

Edited by yorks5stringer