Why become a member? ×

Stentor Elysia Double Bass. Price reduction and new photos. SOLD
£1200

kedo

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Since I have used my Yamaha Silent bass, which I bought through this forum a couple of years ago, almost exclusively on gigs, I have decided to sell my Elysia double bass. It's a matter of transport.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in good condition and well played-in. It has some minor cosmetic dings which I have endeavoured to show in the photos. Nothing serious.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It was professionally set up when I bought it 5 years ago by luthier Kenny McDonald of Edinburgh who has now retired. The action at the end of the fingerboard is 5mm at the G string and 8mm at the E. It has also had a new fixed bridge fitted a couple of years ago by Luthier John Wilkinson, also of Edinburgh, who reset the sound post, fitted a Shadow SH950 pickup and Helicore 'Hybrid' HH610 Medium tension strings. It also comes with a cover and decent stand. The Shadow is the best I have used and is is well fitted.[/font][/color]
The [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass is [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]made of all-solid carved wood, plays[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] really well acoustically or amplified and sounds (and looks) beautiful. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyone is welcome to audition it. No trades please[/font][/color]

Edited by kedo