Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic K-Series Cabs

Hot Tub

[quote name='Hot Tub' timestamp='1490629588' post='3266614']
It's nearly new cab time, and I'm looking seriously at the K-series. Anyone using them? Thoughts? Impressions?
[/quote]

Very nice cabinets. They are considered a bit more HiFi than say the RS cabinets that have a more mid focus in comparison. The equivalent size cabinets (2x12 for example) goes a little lower and the top end is more sparkly due to the separate tweeter unit. That's not to say the RS cabinets can't do good lows and tops, just a different kind.

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1490643392' post='3266754']
Superseded the BC series didn't they? If I didn't already have a BC-212 I'd probably have a whatever the current K series 2x12 is.
[/quote]

I'd say no, they are a completely different design and sound.

[quote name='Hot Tub' timestamp='1490795149' post='3268078']
Well, I can't afford the RS cabs, so I just pulled the trigger on a K-410 + K-115. Should hopefully be a perfect match with my BH550. Will pop up a couple of pics of the full rig when they arrive, hopefully early next week.

:)
[/quote]

Makes a nice rumble, I can tell you that! I reviewed all the cabinets and that particular combination was pretty nice!