Why become a member? ×

Oops. Look what I did.

Bilbo

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1490790186' post='3267984']

Hope you've had better luck with them than I have.
[/quote]

My favourite is the Cielo De Terra book. I can only play one track all of the way through (Enigma of Desire) but the bits I can execute are getting longer and smoother. I guess it is about realising that you don't have to be able to do the whole thing for it to be a valuable learning experience. I also have some of my own transcriptions of his stuff that I revisit occasionally.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1490800822' post='3268167']
My favourite is the Cielo De Terra book. I can only play one track all of the way through (Enigma of Desire) but the bits I can execute are getting longer and smoother. I guess it is about realising that you don't have to be able to do the whole thing for it to be a valuable learning experience. I also have some of my own transcriptions of his stuff that I revisit occasionally.
[/quote]

Have you got the Al Dimeola guide to chords, scales & arpeggios book?

After playing it acoustically for a couple of days, I plugged it in. Dead as a dodo. Changed battery. Nothing. Different leads and Amps. Nothing. XLR connection. Nothing. It appears that my electro acoustic guitar is entirely acoustic :-D Buggery bollocks. It's now got to go back to Germany for a holiday.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1490865498' post='3268570']
After playing it acoustically for a couple of days, I plugged it in. Dead as a dodo. Changed battery. Nothing. Different leads and Amps. Nothing. XLR connection. Nothing. It appears that my electro acoustic guitar is entirely acoustic :-D Buggery bollocks. It's now got to go back to Germany for a holiday.
[/quote]

What a pain in the arse.

I have me more option to try courtesy of the interweb but I have emailed Thomann for advice prior to asking for a replacement. I understand that replacing the preamp is easy so that may also be a possibility but, yes, it's a ball ache.

• 2 weeks later...

And we're off again. This one works!!

[URL=http://s283.photobucket.com/user/bilbo230763/media/DSC_0133_zpsixwj2e7r.jpg.html][IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/bilbo230763/DSC_0133_zpsixwj2e7r.jpg[/IMG][/URL]