Why become a member? ×

34"" scale ACOUSTIC bass guitars

Twigman

i recently purchased a Fender CE300 T Bucket acoustic bass (32" scale) and find I now do ALL my home practice on it.
I have found that when I'm in a band situation, where I always use a 34", I am now having to make a conscious adjustment to my muscle memory to adapt back to the 34" scale.......

So I am thinking that perhaps it might be an idea to swap my 32" acoustic out for a 34" acoustic.....
I do love practicing/writing on acoustic rather than plug up a rig (too loud and a pita to setup) or playing an electric unplugged (too quiet).

Apart from the Fender Kingman which I hate the look of, what other options are there for 34" acoustic bass guitars?

Edited by Twigman

Breedlove have a good reputation and they must do a 34" model.
I've only played a freshman. It's ok Cheap and alright. I'd have to try something better, to see if it's better if that makes sense ?
Might be worth trying some, see what you think.

+1 for Fender Kingman
Great Jazz neck good acoustic sound and fantastic amplified sound.
A/B The Fender T Bucket with the Kingman and Kingman won on neck and great low E sound unamplified.T Bucket just didn't have that low end smooth depth in the low register.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1490787050' post='3267949']
Sigma [url="http://www.theguitarstoreonline.co.uk/bmc-1ste.html?gclid=CIK84L3O-9ICFaMK0wodPxoIsw"]BMC-1STE[/url] is 34" scale and a pretty good bass for not too much wedge
[/quote]

Yeah, really like mine, much better than the fender bg32 it replaced and easily as good as the Breedlove I paid four times as much for...

Having played acoustic bass guitars with 32" and 34" scales I'd say always go with a 34"; they sound better and project a better bass sound overall. Bearing in mind you don't want to make an already limited instrument (in terms of acoustic volume and tone), any less loud or full sounding.

A great acoustic bass with a 34" scale is the [url="http://stanford-guitars.com/guitars/lo-freak/stanford-robot-4-fretless/"]Stanford Robot acoustic bass[/url].

They're not crazily expensive and are very well made with a distinctive design, I picked one of these up second-hand and it's a beauty! Looks and sounds really good and feels good to play. The unusual positioning of the sound hole also seems to make it sound louder (to the person playing it if no one else), when playing with another acoustic guitar.