Why become a member? ×

New Barrel jack for Yamaha BB424X

Mickyk

Hi to all Overall,i am very happy with my above acquisition,but one thing i'm not to thrilled about is the Barrel Jack,although this is a minor issue and it doesn't affect the guitar's playability ,it's just that the connection on mine seems a bit on the loose side so i'm thinking i might change it,?would this one fit and if so will it make much of a difference as i'm looking for a nice snug connection thats snaps home nicely,a minor irritation i know but thats just me.Oh and how difficult /easy are they to fit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-1-4-6-35mm-Mono-Barrel-Jack-Socket-for-Ibanez-Steinberger-Guitar-Bass-/190816570970?hash=item2c6d8dce5a:m:m01YUTgN1ag2E47RDB1yLXA

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1490909309' post='3269051']
I used a similar a neutrik on my bb614 was reasonably easy to fit,solder a couple of wires your good to go.
[/quote] This it is a really easy job if you are unsure what to do youtube is your friend and that jack should be fine :)