Why become a member? ×

+++SOLD+++Ernie Ball MusicMan 25th Anniversary 4 string bass
£1600

Daveybm

[attachment=245639:MM1.jpg][attachment=245640:MM2.jpg][attachment=245641:MM3.jpg][attachment=245642:MM4.jpg][attachment=245646:MM5.jpg][attachment=245647:MM6.jpg][attachment=245648:MM7.jpg][attachment=245649:MM8.jpg][attachment=245650:MM9.jpg]+++PRICE DROP £1500+++Ernie Ball MM 25th Anniversary 4 string bass finished in a venetian redburst quilt top.
These very versatile basses were made in 2009 in limited numbers. This particular bass was owned originally by Neil Murray, bassist with Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Brian May Band, Gary Moore, Snake Charmer to name just a few.
I have owned this instrument for five years and it has served me well as a gigging and recording tool.
The Music Man fitted hard case (included) has some evidence of use, showing scuffs and a split near to one of the catches. This does not affect the security the case offers.
The bass is in excellent condition with only very light marking between the pick ups but no damage anywhere else despite being gigged. I always look after my basses.
I would prefer that the buyer collect from my home in Stevenage. Cash on collection would be acceptable but I will ship at buyers expense and risk.
No trades please.

EB MM 25th.jpg

MM 25th anniversary.jpg

mm 25th 2.jpg

mm 25th 3.jpg

mm 25th 4.jpg

Edited by Daveybm
+++SALE NOW CLOSED++ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE +++

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1490970913' post='3269508']
Ah, I remember when Neil put that up for sale. Wished I had bought at the time. Lovely looking bass and I'm sure it sounds the part as well.
[/quote]

I was contemplating buying this very bass when Neil had it up for sale (through Andy Baxter if I recall). Got in touch with Andy and it had just been sold. That'll teach me to dither! Ended up buying an HSS version with a maple board. Cracking bass! This is Musicman at their very best. The quality is very apparent on all Musicman basses but these are another level up IMHO. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed. Had mine up for sale a couple of times when I've been stretched financially as it's the only thing I own of any value. Happily I've always been able to withdraw it when the situation eased. GLWTS.

Yes, it really is a very nice bass. I'm not sure whether to sell this or my MM Classic Sabre, I love both of them but one of them does have to go.
I'll put the Sabre on here for sale and see what response I get.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1495482420' post='3304126']
I was contemplating buying this very bass when Neil had it up for sale (through Andy Baxter if I recall). Got in touch with Andy and it had just been sold. That'll teach me to dither! Ended up buying an HSS version with a maple board. Cracking bass! This is Musicman at their very best. The quality is very apparent on all Musicman basses but these are another level up IMHO. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed. Had mine up for sale a couple of times when I've been stretched financially as it's the only thing I own of any value. Happily I've always been able to withdraw it when the situation eased. GLWTS.
[/quote]
I bought the 'non anniversary' version named 'Reflex' seven months ago and it is nothing less then a revelation. If you dig the aesthetics, you'd be hard pushed to find a more versatile bass around. The quality of manufacturing, the ergonomics, the two HH pups,...it's hard to beat. GLWTS (love the fancy flamed maple top on your 25th anniversary BTW)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...