Why become a member? ×

Hello from Lincolnshire

converse320

Hello. I am in Woodhall Spa and have been lurking and posting infrequently. I am a very bad bass player. Yesterday I found out that my wife has entered me for Rockschool Grade 2. My daughters get money if I do badly, so I might ask for help. But I think I have Dr Cocoa nailed.......

I am very out of touch, but Lincoln itself is pretty lively. Locally, its quiet. Though I heard a really tight Lincoln band called Suspicious Pigeons in Woodhall a month a month or so ago. Haven't enjoyed myself as much in ages, and really made me miss playing. I payed saxophone years ago, but have lost so much top end hearing that I just can't play in tune anymore. I am really enjoying my pathetic attempts at bass and wish I'd started when I had enough time left to get competent.

Hello there, couldn't help but notice that you're in Woodhall. I'm not too far away in Scopwick. :)

I'm afraid I don't know much about grades myself but good luck with it, I'm sure you'll nail it. By the way, who makes the donation to your daughter? Could it be worth a 50/50 split? :D

Thanks for mentioning the Suspicious Pigeons, I'll keep an eye out for them. I've not come across them yet.

Welcome to Basschat! We're not too far away from you, though of course this being Lincolnshire it always takes longer than I expect!

Have to confess I know nowt about Rockschool and grades, and just muddle through the best I can. It took me a while to find a band after we moved here a year ago, but eventually I managed to convince some experienced musicians I could actually play, and we're currently working up some covers and originals.

Good luck with Rockschool, and have fun!

[quote name='ToolOfIgnorance' timestamp='1491491866' post='3273482']
Hello there, couldn't help but notice that you're in Woodhall. I'm not too far away in Scopwick. :)

I'm afraid I don't know much about grades myself but good luck with it, I'm sure you'll nail it. By the way, who makes the donation to your daughter? Could it be worth a 50/50 split? :D

Thanks for mentioning the Suspicious Pigeons, I'll keep an eye out for them. I've not come across them yet.
[/quote]
Thanks for all the welcomes. Re daughter bet - I thought it might encourage her to have someone to compete with. So the deal is that she gets a prize if she gets a better grade in her guitar than me on bass. Things are looking bleak I'm afraid - she has all 3 pieces nailed and technical stuff mostly done - with nearly 2 months to go. But I'll go down fighting.....