Why become a member? ×

Unknown Wire

Tugmonkey

Hi Guys,

I have a Mexican P-Bass and I thought it was sounding a little muffled so I took off the pickguard to have a look. There were no loose solders or anything, but I've attached a few pictures of a rougue wire. It was inserted into the small hole that I've taken a picture of. It wasn't attached to anything, and can't go anywhere I can see. So, is there something I've missed, or can I get rid of it? Also, if anybody has any ideas about my muffled sound, I'd be happy to hear your ideas! Cheers.

Take the bridge off and see if there's a wire there. It won't be soldered on to anything, just set into a tiny indent. That little hole leads to the little indent under the bridge and that's where the wire should stick out of, making contact with the underside of the bridge when screwed down.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1491334140' post='3272248']
Take the bridge off and see if there's a wire there. It won't be soldered on to anything, just set into a tiny indent. That little hole leads to the little indent under the bridge and that's where the wire should stick out of, making contact with the underside of the bridge when screwed down.
[/quote]

Plus the one

The empty hole in the control cavity should have the spare wire running through it to the bridge.