Why become a member? ×

Basschat Noodle Bar

Skol303

Well not much noodle action going on.
But here is me going acoustic.
I don't know why its not recorded in 1080p all the outtakes recorded fine haha. Sound quality isn't too bad though considering recorded with my phone in a little vice lol.

http://youtu.be/HGuxji0TfdA

Edited by Twincam

Ok guys... I have 'unpinned' the Noodle Bar thread, so it is now 'free floating' in the Basschat ether, its prominence to be determined by how frequently it receives new posts.

It had a good innings and was a nice idea to experiment with. But with no new posts since September I feel it's time to put the old girl out to pasture.

Special thanks to Twicam for coming up with the idea and to everyone who contributed. You guys rock :)

Edit to say that if the thread takes on a new lease of life then I'll happily pin it again.

Edited by Skol303

Ok, so I'm going to bite in the interest of keeping the Noodle Bar in business... :)

Here's a snippet of something I'm cooking up (not for the BC Composition Challenge as it happens). Precision bass played through an API pre-amp with outboard EQ and compression. Rest is all written in MIDI.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just discovered this thread. I am a constant noodler throughout the day. I can't resist. I do seem to noodle the same bass-line for some weeks and then move on to another, possibly something newly learned. I've been noodling "The Girl From Ipanema" for some time now. I seem to have mild obsessions with particular tunes from time to time. It's a simple little Latin beat moving a semitone or 2 at a time up and down from the F. My partner commented the other day, "can't you learn some new notes"?

Do you drive your loved one's mad whilst noodling?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only just found my way back to the Noodle Bar after quite a protracted absence!

I’ve enjoyed catching up with everyone’s contributions – keep them coming (even if they’re infrequent).

Nearly dislocated my neck funking out to Skol’s December noodle and found myself glidding away to Fleabag’s noodling with a gitwrist and Adrenalinn 2.

I’ll see if I can add something to the noodle bar in due course..............

• 6 months later...