Why become a member? ×

Gear storage in garage or unheated studio.

dmccombe7

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1491648574' post='3274545']
Sorry, it's oriented strand board. It's the random looking 8x4 boards that you see timber panels made up of in house construction. Mainly the type that self builders use in Grand Designs and the plethora of other house construction programmes.
[/quote]

Cheers for that. Not that i would ever use it to be honest but every day's a school day and always nice to know something new even at my age. :)

Dave

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1491665561' post='3274663']
My car radio, car stereo speakers, all the car electrics are fitted in my car year round - why would bass amps/electrics/cabs be any different?
[/quote]

That's an excellent point and never even gave that a thought. :)

Dave

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1491665561' post='3274663']
My car radio, car stereo speakers, all the car electrics are fitted in my car year round - why would bass amps/electrics/cabs be any different?
[/quote]

I know that the cones of car speakers are designed to be water resistant, I'd suspect the electronics are too. Many PA speakers nowadays are also water resistant to an extent but I've no idea which, if any, bass gear is. For example a lot of old Trace gear was made of MDF which will absorb moisture and swell.

The trouble for all of us answering a question like this is that the real answer is 'it depends'. We none of us know what the garage/shed is really like or what gear is being stored. There's also the problem of knowing what level of risk is acceptable. Most of the gear in most garages will be OK, but how do we feel about a 25%chance of it being damaged? In the end the OP has to decide .