Why become a member? ×

Looking for a Teacher recommendation with focus on ergonomics, London

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

Hi everyone,

been playing more bass guitar recently composing new music and It seems I've irritated my old double bass playing tendon problems, so I'd like a lesson (or several) with a teacher who has a strong focus on the ergonomics of playing.

I'm hoping a tiny tweak to my technique will sort it..... We shall see.

I'm in SE London, but would travel anywhere in the capital for the right teacher.

A fretless player is a bonus and someone who uses Alexander technique etc would be good.

So if anyone has had lessons with a teacher who is all about posture and technique I'd love to hear.

Message me if you'd rather not post up details.

Cheers
Thomas

Hi Thomas (and anyone else who might be interested)

I've suffered from and successfully rehabbed playing-related tendonitis as well as other injuries in the past so have a massive interest in posture and ergonomics for electric and double bass. I wrote my dissertation on tendonitis and RSI and have run workshops on injury prevention for bass students at ACM Guildford. I teach in SW18, not far from Earlsfield station.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Tom

My brother in law is a pro music teacher and Alexander teacher. His instrument is the cello but he helps people with a wide range of problems with many different instruments. He's based in Bishops Stortford which is on the M11 or on the Liverpool Street station line.

Pm me if you'd like to know more.

Hi Thomas,

Posture and correct, efficient, playing technique is the first thing I cover with my students; I also happen to be a fretless player. Please feel free to message me to discuss any way I may be able to help.

I am based in Chiswick W4, just a few minutes from both Turnham Green and Stamford Brook stations.

Steve

Guest Jecklin

Thank you everyone for their posts.

The tendon flare up situation got worse and is just receding now, so I'll follow up on suggestions here.