Why become a member? ×

J.S. Bach

BrunoBass

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1492188053' post='3278602']
Thank you for going to the effort, very kind of you
[/quote]

Appreciated but it was little effort and in fact it was about time I revisited this myself.

I started on a couple of inventions two years back and then we had a series of family crises which made me tread water with my practice for a bit. My rep is stale though so this topic is all good.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1492029233' post='3277380']
I am playing the St Matthew Passion on Friday. I have not done this kind of stuff for a VERY long time. I will be very tired on Saturday. Cracking bass lines though. He was The Don.
[/quote]

Got in an hour ago. 2.5 hours of playing after a 3.5 hour rehearsal this afternoon. That was HARD work. I remember why I stopped doing it now. It was interesting to go back to it after a long break and realise that his basslines are a huge part of my creative DNA.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1492211394' post='3278775']
Got in an hour ago. 2.5 hours of playing after a 3.5 hour rehearsal this afternoon. That was HARD work. I remember why I stopped doing it now. It was interesting to go back to it after a long break and realise that his basslines are a huge part of my creative DNA.
[/quote]

I believe that trumps Blue's four hour bookings if you add it up. Controversial.

How was it apart from the hard work? I'm thinking you had a church venue or at least a venue that allowed the sound to breathe freely.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1492242602' post='3278855']
I believe that trumps Blue's four hour bookings if you add it up. Controversial.

How was it apart from the hard work? I'm thinking you had a church venue or at least a venue that allowed the sound to breathe freely.
[/quote]

Yep, in a church so the work was being done in the space it was written for. Lots of good stuff, but some of the recitative passages where not hanging together well. I did have to discipline myself to not start swinging some of the basslines.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1492248193' post='3278923']
Yep, in a church so the work was being done in the space it was written for. Lots of good stuff, but some of the recitative passages where not hanging together well. I did have to discipline myself to not start swinging some of the basslines.
[/quote]

I'd love to have heard that performance. Good man.