Why become a member? ×

End of the Line 6

anzoid

I've got a Line 6 G30 wireless setup that I use every week. Yesterday I was getting intermittent drop outs - up to a couple of seconds long, happened three or four times in under an hour. Batteries were fresh in and I was standing right next to the receiver. I mainly use the wireless for sound checking... so, I could switch back to a cable for actual playing, but I like the freedom of wireless to wander around anyway. The previous week I'd had a couple of very short glitches but had just put it down to bad batteries. No such excuse this time.

Is my Line 6 on the way out, or could there be something else? Everybody else who was playing/singing was wired, though the guitard had a TC Helicon "Play Acoustic" rig that was putting out some strange 70s vibes... :D

I had a G30 that did exactly the same thing. I ended up sending it back to Thomann who tested it and declared it was working A1. After a week, it started to drop out again. If you have a quick trawl of the web, you'll find lots of people with the same experience. If you get a good one, they're golden-on a good day, mine worked brilliantly with a huge range. Unfortunately, it became really unreliable. I've since bought a SmoothHound which has been rock solid reliable.

A bit more research on the subject suggests that this could be a power supply thing. I've recently started using pedals (an MXR compressor, a tuner and a Boss EQ) and have just been using the Line 6's psu with a daisy chain cable. May be worth trying an isolated, or more powerful supply perhaps?

Played last night, took a slightly more hefty PSU (rated at 1A over the Line 6 PSU's 0.5A) and didn't get any dropouts despite running the same pedals as when I did get the dropouts...
Will be back in the original location Sunday so will see if I have the same troubles this time...