Why become a member? ×

Vantage Point (vantagepointrocks)

Some footage of my bands first gig of 2017, which was a few weeks ago back in February, but I just got round to editing it together at the weekend. Sound is taken from a ZOOM Q2 HD WHITE placed in front of one of the PA speakers, video comes from that, a second zoom, a go-pro and three digital cameras.

I’m actually playing guitar in this video, as I did for most of the gig, don’t have footage for the couple of songs at the end where I played the bass. We are currently rehearsing up a covers set where I am going to soley play bass. For our original material, which is what this video contains, I’ll be sticking with the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW4Y0F8LQSw

Edited by vantagepointrocks
Fix link

• 5 months later...

Some footage from our gig in Shetland at the end of August, again using a Zoom Q2 HD for the sound and video, along with a second for subsequent video plus 3 digital cameras and a go pro for the rest of the video. Edited together using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sId4rRG7QY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2018 at 23:22, vbance said:

im gunna have to get me a zoom, such an improvement on the audio i capture with my camera....sounds great guys.

Yeah I find the Zoom great for recording sound at gigs or in rehearsal, it doesn’t provide great video in low light but I’m not too fussed about that.  It can cope with loud volume without overloading and distorting, unlike my digital cameras. Then obviously I can use the Zoom sound with the video from my digital cameras and get a presentable video as a result.