Why become a member? ×

Bass Strap with great inside grip

DDR

Hello

I'd like to ask you whether you have any knowledge or experience of a strap with great inner grip.

I have finally found my posture for practicing and playing to be almost upright both standing and sitting. Although the strap I have get that position temporarily it just doesn't hold.

I looked through the forum and saw some people mention The Minotaur, The Mono Bettie & Gaucho, but no review is specifically saying much about this particular posture.

I also found a strap online (in Spain) which looks good (it's vegan if you care about that sort of thing, not my priority but..) http://www.rightonstraps.com/en/mojo-collection-race-red-strap.html

I don't mind spending £40 on something but if I then gotta spend another £40 because that's not working or then again... it can get expensive!

I would love to go to a store and try them all but it's just not possible these days...

Thoughts from you would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I have a minotaur.Heavy duty construction.You can kill an elephant of you hit him with this strap.Comfordable,wide enough so you dont feel the weight of your bass.My strap pins are both wide.The strap hold them realy tight.I dont know what strap pins has your bass,but i highly recomend this straps

Can't find the thread atm - but some basschat member designed a wide, curved strap a little while back?
Maybe around 2 years ago? Anyhow, the strap was well received, and helped some players combat "neck dive"

As has been said on your status - whatever strap you decide on, be sure to use strap locks...

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1491829137' post='3275672']
As has been said on your status - whatever strap you decide on, be sure to use strap locks...
[/quote]

Is that because the bass could fall out of it's grip?

You mentioned (in your status, I think) possibly playing your bass in an almost upright position
I was just thinking, an ordinary strap button on your bass might be more likely to slip out of the hole in the strap
.... Just making sure - I didn't want to read your status update to find your bass had hit the deck :o