Why become a member? ×

amp stand for Markbass CMD121P + ext cab

chickenjames

hello all

I have a MB CMD121P and NY121P.

I'd like to get them up off the floor a bit (to project more forwards) and maybe also angled back a bit (to make it easier for me to hear them).

I'm thinking of getting a Quiklok 625 combo stand but I'm just wondering if anyone has any better ideas.

thanks for comments/suggestions

Somewhere on this site is a photo of this rig ( both yours and mine) with a custom made stand that tilts the bottom cab and keeps the top combo level. I think it originated in the USA.

Found it: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/customized-markbass-cmd-121p-combo-w-ny121-extension-cab-custom-stand-custom-covers.1063946/

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1491897995' post='3276164']
Somewhere on this site is a photo of this rig ( both yours and mine) with a custom made stand that tilts the bottom cab and keeps the top combo level. I think it originated in the USA.

Found it: [url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/customized-markbass-cmd-121p-combo-w-ny121-extension-cab-custom-stand-custom-covers.1063946/"]https://www.talkbass...covers.1063946/[/url]
[/quote]
oo that's interesting - don't really have time to make a custom stand like that though...

[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/78-walbassist/"]walbassist [/url] [/b]

I like that Markbass leaning velcro stand jobber - but I'm not sure how it would help me with the 2nd box i.e. the one that sits on top.

I think I'm going to try to the Quiklok thing and see how I like it.

[quote name='chickenjames' timestamp='1491899936' post='3276189']I like that Markbass leaning velcro stand jobber - but I'm not sure how it would help me with the 2nd box i.e. the one that sits on top.[/quote]

You could put the extension cab flat on the floor and then use the mark stand between the two, so you just angle the combo. I found a picture here, although admittedly it's using the 121H underneath.

[quote name='chickenjames' timestamp='1491901040' post='3276205']
How stable are the Markbass angle stands do you think? I'd be a bit sad if my CMD121P fell off !
[/quote]

The stand has velcro on the top, so the combo would be secured to that via the carpet covering it has. The underside doesn't have velcro but is weighted, so I guess it could fall over if you gave it a good push.

Edited by walbassist

I found that using the Mark bass velcro thing between extension cab and combo angled it up too much (although it was a 15" cab). So I made my own. I took a paint roller refill... or any circular tube type thing would do. I covered it in black cloth, then put two rings of velcro around it... the toothed bit so that it grips the carpet covering on the cabs. There was some leeway for adjustment as long as it's still stable. I found it angled the top combo just right for me and cost bugger all.

Edited by Trueno

I did a similar thing to Trueno on my cab (Ashdown) to get the front section off the floor but used pipe lagging foam. I filled the inside with a core of harder foam from some electronics packaging in order to keep the lagging circular, then taped round it all.
I added non-slip carpet tape to the outside to stop it moving around when in situ.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1491900206' post='3276195']
You could put the extension cab flat on the floor and then use the mark stand between the two, so you just angle the combo. I found a picture here, although admittedly it's using the 121H underneath.

[/quote]

I saw this and thought 'genius' but it does not work with a CMD121P and a NYC 121P. If the CMD is underneath the wedge is on top of the plastic handle and the cab contact is over the jack socket, if the other way around the wedge is over the metal handle of the NYC so does not grip.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1491988636' post='3276921']
I saw this and thought 'genius' but it does not work with a CMD121P and a NYC 121P. If the CMD is underneath the wedge is on top of the plastic handle and the cab contact is over the jack socket, if the other way around the wedge is over the metal handle of the NYC so does not grip.
[/quote]

Ah, okay. At least I tried!