Why become a member? ×

Bass Recommendations

jaketheape

Another vote for the Nate Mendel. I have one, and even Scott uses one for his online lessons. :D
https://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-nate-mendel-p-bass-candy-apple-red/75186?gclid=Cj0KEQjww7zHBRCToPSj_c_WjZIBEiQAj8il5PXz07D-4awGKnP1m72bmiF_RnKLp9x-Rlm6N6LY9BkaAmRf8P8HAQ

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1492085100' post='3277805']
If it were my dosh I'd get a Yamaha BB1024 or 1025 depending how many strings you want. I'm a bit in love with Yamaha BBs at the moment.
[/quote]

This ⬆️

Edited by chrisgriff

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1492073894' post='3277627']
As a long time Lakland player I think everyone should try one of these before they decide on a new bass.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/297268-lakland-44-02-cherry-sunburst-bartolini/page__fromsearch__1
[/quote]

I'm really enjoying my near immaculate lakland Bob glaub (Indonesian) p5 bass . Running my Z3 a close second so for £600 it was a bargain..

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1492085100' post='3277805']
If it were my dosh I'd get a Yamaha BB1024 or 1025 depending how many strings you want. I'm a bit in love with Yamaha BBs at the moment.
[/quote]

This x2! Although if you don't want to stray too far from the classic Fender shapes I'd steer you in the direction of a Sandberg TM4 - they have an MM pickup in the bridge position for a bit of a change to your typical jazz sound. Can't fault German build quality either. You should be able to get a nice one for under a grand.