Why become a member? ×

Sheer perfection

interpol52

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1492177476' post='3278502']
The Hissing of Summer Lawns does it for me. I can't imagine many folks not feeling chilled out after listening to this
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQUlp6GYno[/media]
[/quote]Prince said this was one of the albums he liked all the way through. I love it too but it gives me the strangest feeling when I listen to it. I wonder if Joni put any subliminal stuff on it? :unsure:

[quote name='JJTee' timestamp='1492152921' post='3278254']

Yes, agreed. The greatest pop record of all time. As Nile Rodgers has put it, the song is full of hooks and everything is in its right place.
[/quote]

+1 to this. It gets some stick but this to my ears this is just about as perfect as a pop song could be.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1492203054' post='3278722']
Prince said this was one of the albums he liked all the way through. I love it too but it gives me the strangest feeling when I listen to it. I wonder if Joni put any subliminal stuff on it? :unsure:
[/quote]
It could be that the imagery is so strong it affects your noggin deeply. The lyrics and music are so deeply integrated, the whole effect is more powerful than the individual elements, and that somewhat transports the listener into the narrative. Or something.:)

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1492177476' post='3278502']
The Hissing of Summer Lawns does it for me. I can't imagine many folks not feeling chilled out after listening to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQUlp6GYno
[/quote]

This album is one of the greatest pieces of work ever recorded.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1492242721' post='3278858']
It could be that the imagery is so strong it affects your noggin deeply. The lyrics and music are so deeply integrated, the whole effect is more powerful than the individual elements, and that somewhat transports the listener into the narrative. Or something. :)
[/quote]That's an excellent explanation - Joni never did anything by half!