Why become a member? ×

Which flatwounds do I have?

MGB

I have a question.
Installed some flats on one of my basses today and they sound absolutely great.
Problem is I don't know which brand they are.
They came on a bass I bought second hand long time ago and first thing I did was remove them.
I'm older and wiser now and I would like to experiment with flats.

So... does anybody know which brand uses an orange/red winding at the headstock part of the string?
At the ball-end there's no colour at all.

I hope somebody can help.

MGB

These?

https://images.talkbass.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi162.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft275%2Faguy133%2FRotosoundRS77LD.jpg&hash=220598c6a680e4de934eeb9af3510447

[b]Rotosound 77 Jazz[/b][color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] Bass Monel Flats[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Silk color: red[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Silked @ ball end: yes[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]String type: flat wounds[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Specific model: [/size][/font][/color][url="https://www.talkbass.com/store/rotosound-rs77ld-jazz-bass-77-monel-flatwound-standard.html?utm_source=tbforum&utm_medium=keywordrep&utm_term=rs77ld"]RS77LD[/url]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]exact same silk color as Roto 66's[/size][/font][/color]

Hey The Greek,

Thank you so much, I think I got them.
Went over to the first link you send and I think they are LaBella [color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]760FX (Extra Light .039 .056 .077 .096) = [/size][/font][/color][b][color=red]Almost Red Orange[/color][/b][color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] Silk [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Colour kinda looks the same I think (picture from the internet and no daylight here anymore to really compare) but the string gauges also are the same so I think it must be them.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Never expected this to sort itself out so quickly.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Once again thank you very much.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]MGB[/size][/font][/color]