Why become a member? ×

Summerfest 2017 Line Up Milwaukee WI

blue

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1492204278' post='3278727']
Not heard of half of the acts on the bill
[/quote]

To be fair I doubt most Americans would have heard of half the average Glastonbury line up. Probably not most British people either for that matter..

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1492205451' post='3278733']

To be fair I doubt most Americans would have heard of half the average Glastonbury line up. Probably not most British people either for that matter..
[/quote]

It's a 2 week premier fest on beautiful Lake Michigan.

At 64 I will have to YouTube most of the acts listed. I only recognize a small fraction of the artists.

Blue

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1492205479' post='3278734']
Nice diverse lineup, looks like a great festival.

What's the name of your band Blue?
[/quote]

Maple Road, all those bands listed are "headliners" were a local support act and damn lucky we're able to get in. We've been booked for the past 7 years.

Many local bands never get to play Summerfest, it really is a "big deal".

And sad and unknown to most local young bands, it's not how good your band is, it's who you know. We have a very high level corporate connection.

Still waiting for confirmation of our slot. Rumor has it we have a great slot and date this year.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492206421' post='3278743']

It's a 2 week premier fest on beautiful Lake Michigan.

At 64 I will have to YouTube most of the acts listed. I only recognize a small fraction of the artists.

Blue
[/quote]

I imagine The Chainsmokers will be right up your street...

http://youtu.be/ZuwfZGDWOio

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1492206889' post='3278746']

I imagine The Chainsmokers will be right up your street...[/quote]

Well outside of Dylan and Petty not a lot of the music of my generation is represented this year.

Hopefully there's some new stuff I'll see and like.

People cone from all over the world to attend Summerfest.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1492210578' post='3278766']
Cool. Funny enough I was listening to the Moody Blues' Seventh Sojourn earlier today.

Big festival. How many times have you been there?
[/quote]

This will be my 6th consecutive year playing Summerfest. I've attended SummerFest every year since 1981.

Summerfest started in 1969.

Blue

That's a good one for the curriculum vitae (resume). It's a credit to you. I liken it to to a regular Glastonbury attendee going on stage after many years of enjoying the event from the audience. For Glasto it would probably mean you needn't bring wellies to the event any more...

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1492237792' post='3278812']
That's a good one for the curriculum vitae (resume). It's a credit to you. I liken it to to a regular Glastonbury attendee going on stage after many years of enjoying the event from the audience. For Glasto it would probably mean you needn't bring wellies to the event any more...
[/quote]

I guess, but while it goes against my own position on value,When it comes to playing festival headliner stages, I think you have to be seen and heard in action when your on the top of your game.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492242612' post='3278856']
I guess, but while it goes against my own position on value,When it comes to playing festival headliner stages, I think you have to be seen and heard in action when your on the top of your game.

Blue
[/quote]

By "value" are you saying you don't get paid as much as for your four hour bar sessions?

Like you say, the exposure is good. You can't put a price on that.

This is the gentleman you have to have an in with to play Summerfest. A very knowledgeable guy.

Great clips for those interested in insight on the music business and what goes on and how and why they book ECT,,,

Interesting that the festival organizers don't meet the artist, they only meet with the accountants and other professional representatives.

Part I

https://youtu.be/08XMcpY8plg

Part II

https://youtu.be/1Klt_-w_Fkg

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1492243554' post='3278871']
I think it's a great eclectic line up and whoever goes will have a ball.

Top for me would be Fishbone and JJ Grey.
Person I'd like to be closest to, Sheryl Crow for obvious reasons, think I would lose the power of speech
[/quote]

Yeah Cuzzie, but you really have to understand and love the large festival scene like me.

You really have to have plan for what you want to do and who you want to see.Otherwise you might be disappointed.

In other words it's really meant for true music lovers.

You have to deal with parking issues (*while there are cheap shuttles back and fourth from all over the place)and huge crowds. And people love to drink a lot at Summerfest

Blue

* Not for me, for obvious reasons. At least not that ride back.

Edited by blue

Fantastic line up.
Few really good ones too, Tom Petty, Moody Blues. Styx (well almost), Willie Nelson (WOW), Frampton, Steve Miller
Jings the list of acts from all eras that i like is unimaginable in one venue too.
Brilliant. You are lucky.

Assume the weather is usually not an issue for you Blue.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1492246807' post='3278907']
Fantastic line up.
Few really good ones too, Tom Petty, Moody Blues. Styx (well almost), Willie Nelson (WOW), Frampton, Steve Miller
Jings the list of acts from all eras that i like is unimaginable in one venue too.
Brilliant. You are lucky.

Assume the weather is usually not an issue for you Blue.

Dave
[/quote]

Its great value for seniors like me, $7.50 for an entire day.

Parking is somewhat expensive. Probably $25.00 for a decent spot where you only have to walk a block of two to the festival gates.

Blue