Why become a member? ×

Summerfest 2017 Line Up Milwaukee WI

blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492281772' post='3279234']
How easy is it for your local bands to get a slot at your Glastonbury Festicak?

Blue
[/quote]

I don't think there's many

There's a fair few unsigned acts or acts that have a deal but have not released anything yet, but I imagine thay they all have professional representation.

They did used to have the Glastonbury town brass band play the pyramid stage on the sunday morning.

Hell of a way to wake up after a heavy night of revelling, a million trombones blasting their way through 'Ruby Tuesday' at festival volumes.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1492282219' post='3279238']

I don't think there's many

There's a fair few unsigned acts or acts that have a deal but have not released anything yet, but I imagine thay they all have professional representation.

They did used to have the Glastonbury town brass band play the pyramid stage on the sunday morning.

Hell of a way to wake up after a heavy night of revelling, a million trombones blasting their way through 'Ruby Tuesday' at festival volumes.
[/quote]

I see, I'm thinking Summerfest and Glastonbury are very different types of festivals.

For example, Summerfest actually sells individual licences for busking.

Blue

Glastonbury is arguably the UK's premier festival, the only one that comes close is Reading and Leeds.

There are a lot of smaller festivals where local bands can get a slot but I'm not sure there's anything like Summerfest where A list bands and artists share the bill with local acts.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1492284519' post='3279253']
Glastonbury is arguably the UK's premier festival, the only one that comes close is Reading and Leeds.

There are a lot of smaller festivals where local bands can get a slot but I'm not sure there's anything like Summerfest where A list bands and artists share the bill with local acts.
[/quote]

Cool, Summerfest runs for 2 weeks, it's very affordable

What is the addmision price for Glastonbury?

And remember that list is only for the headliner stages. There are tons of other stages in the grounds.

Blue

Edited by blue

At first I thought it was odd, the festival organizers never meet the artists.

Now that I think about it there's no reason for it.

Plus many of the A list artist are mukti-millionairs and probably have people around them to keep people like me away from them.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492297885' post='3279317']
At first I thought it was odd, the festival organizers never meet the artists.

Now that I think about it there's no reason for it.

Plus many of the A list artist are mukti-millionairs and probably have people around them to keep people like me away from them.

Blue
[/quote]

I get the sense that you feel ready to move up an echelon within the industry. It also sounds like you are putting in the work to achieve it. That is to be respected because a lot of players go stagnant once they reach a perceived "average" level of skill - whatever that is for their little pond.

Remember your roots though bro.

General admission tickets for 2017 are £243 including the booking fee, parking is £45. That's roughly 360 US dollars, which I consider prohibitively expensive. My kids (17 & 19) would like us to go as a family but that would be $1440.
I think you'll agree Blue that your Summerfest is considerably better value.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1492326477' post='3279353']

I get the sense that you feel ready to move up an echelon within the industry. I
[/quote]

The only thing I'm moving up in, is the line at the Chinese restaurant down the street.

Blue

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1492338577' post='3279458']
General admission tickets for 2017 are £243 including the booking fee, parking is £45. That's roughly 360 US dollars, which I consider prohibitively expensive. My kids (17 & 19) would like us to go as a family but that would be $1440.
I think you'll agree Blue that your Summerfest is considerably better value.
[/quote]

Positively expensive, yes, I agree.

No comparison in the addmision between the 2 festivals. My senior admission rate is $7.00.

Blue

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1492342909' post='3279503']
That's incredible value, Blue. I feel most festivals here in the UK have completely lost their way and are nothing more than a commercial rip-off.
[/quote]

That's too bad.

We're extremely lucky here, Milwaukee is also known as the "City Of Festivals".

We're also home to German Fest, African Fest, Festa Italia, the list goes on. I love Irish Fest. And they all book cool music and bands and all the ethnic festivals are held on the Summerfest grounds.

SummerFest was Henry Meyers brain child back in 1969. He wanted something where the " working class guy" could take his family and have a great time on a budget.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1492342909' post='3279503']
That's incredible value, Blue. I feel most festivals here in the UK have completely lost their way and are nothing more than a commercial rip-off.
[/quote]

Yes, a great value. However, I believe a bottle of beer is probably around $8.00.

For what you pay for Glastonbury addmision, drinks should be free.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492206707' post='3278744']

Maple Road, all those bands listed are "headliners" were a local support act and damn lucky we're able to get in. We've been booked for the past 7 years.

Many local bands never get to play Summerfest, it really is a "big deal".

And sad and unknown to most local young bands, it's not how good your band is, it's who you know. We have a very high level corporate connection.

Still waiting for confirmation of our slot. Rumor has it we have a great slot and date this year.

Blue
[/quote]

We're still waiting on what date, time slot and what stage we will be on this year.

Blue