Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1025x another price drop £460 ** SOLD pending usual
£525

Black Coffee

I can't believe that I am doing this, but here goes.

I bought this on the forum last week and I'm not getting on with the string spacing so I'm gonna have to let it go.
A Yamaha 1025 of any sort was a bucket list bass for me but it's not working out and I'm sorely disappointed but hey that's life.

It is in excellent condition apart from a wee blemish beside the jack socket, which according to the previous owner's post in the for sale section was there when brought home from the shop.

It sounds immense, as you would expect from a Yamaha instrument of this quality and comes with a fairly decent Yamaha gig bag.
I played it out one evening at a quiet gig through a Markbass and barefaced supertwin rig and the tone was killer with everything set flat.

Price includes post to UK only.
Any questions just ask.

Edited by Black Coffee

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1492291010' post='3279289']
Spacing too narrow or too wide?
[/quote]

The neck just feels too wide for me up above the twelfth fret.
It's not that it's a big lump of wood, I'm just not feeling the love for it as I'm more used to a narrow spacing.

It's a beautiful sounding bass though.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1493284301' post='3287087']
How is the balance on this bass? Is it neck heavy at all?
[/quote]

I dont find the bass neck heavy. I use a broad Levys leather strap usually and it sits balanced and comfortably for as long as i play it.
Can say much more as no doubt each of us have various feelings on this, but i find it is spot on.

[quote name='mrmcgoo1964' timestamp='1493266092' post='3286968']
My friend you seem to be suffering from what I see as something of an anomaly here, everyone raves about Yamahas on here then no one buys them!
I have one of these fantastic basses also come on folks

Have a bump on me
Good luck with the sale sir.
[/quote]

Many thanks.

It is as you say, a nicely crafted instrument.
Just doesnt fit me as well as id hoped.
I have a 405 yamaha which i find very comfortable, so is being played and this is not.
So needs to move on.