Why become a member? ×

Future impact help please?

hen barn

I have just got a future impact bass synth . I'm loving it! But I have found on talkbass loads of great 80s patches.
But I can't get them on my FI???? I think the manual is not helpful at all to us bass players that don't understand synths. So can anyone help me???? I have even tried talking to FI but that's not helping????

• 2 weeks later...

Im in a kinda same situation; using a Roland UM-one Midi and Mac. the editor cannot connect to the pedal. the midi can be detected by the program ( the midi out light on the roland unit lights up when I adjust parameters). Any suggestions?

Edited by ordep

Is the program data for the Future Impact in MIDI system exclusive format?

If so the interface might be filtering it out. Many are set to do this by default as SysEx tends to clog up the MIDI data stream and affect note on and off timings.

Check with the MIDI interface editor application to see what MIDI messages are being filtered at the MIDI in and outs and use it to enable SysEx.

• 1 month later...

I have amazed myself by successfully listening to and uploading patches onto my FI. At first the editor didn't recognise the FI, but I installed the Roland driver, flicked the switch on the interface to 'comp', then selected the correct interface for in and out in the editor. Boom.

In the small random selection of patches I've listened to so far, I've found some great sounds - more useful than the stock ones. Can't wait to explore more!

Edited by Roland Rock