Why become a member? ×

Boss Oc2 comparison demo

0175westwood29

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1492420142' post='3280025']
I can't really hear much of a difference there. I would think that any difference would be inaudible as soon as other instruments kicked in.

Thanks for the vid!
[/quote]

totally agree, close mic'd like this you might hear something but in a live context i actually think the cog octaves, even the oc-3 dare i say sound not to far away.

love the Oc2 Octave i have and its a keeper but for live use it would take something special to take the T70 of.

For those that aren't aware, the OC-2 circuit has never ever changed. A very minor component change (not relating to a part of the circuit that creates the tone) and that's it.
As mentioned, any changes would simply be because of brand of components or something inconsequential like that.
So no, no OC-2s really sound different. The difference is price really are just because there were less of the OctaveR model made, and again, less Japanese ones in general made compared to the Taiwanese. From there, even the Taiwanese versions are sought after simply because they aren't made anymore.

Si