Why become a member? ×

Power AC 10V

jimbartlett

9V should be fine.

There will be rectification and (probably) regulation inside the unit, so 10V should be more than is actually required. The circuits inside probably only need 5V DC anyway - there's not a lot of kit that actually runs directly from AC - off hand I can't think of any, but I daresay there is something somewhere.

Just make sure the transformer you use can supply enough current for the rack, or you could end up in all kinds of strife.

Andy

Most Alesis rack units run from 9Vac. I am in agreeance with Andy though, you'd be fine running 9Vac into said unit,as long as the current the PSU is supplying is enough. Usually specified in milliamps (mA). To be honest, if you pick up a cheap AC transformer and measure the out put with a DMM etc, you'll find the output can sway + and - of the specified value anyway. I have had 9V units reading in excess of 14V lol!!

[quote name='Alien' post='32467' date='Jul 16 2007, 12:43 PM']9V should be fine.

There will be rectification and (probably) regulation inside the unit, so 10V should be more than is actually required. The circuits inside probably only need 5V DC anyway - there's not a lot of kit that actually runs directly from AC - off hand I can't think of any, but I daresay there is something somewhere.

Just make sure the transformer you use can supply enough current for the rack, or you could end up in all kinds of strife.

Andy[/quote]
all whammy's :)