Why become a member? ×

(Before I go custom) Choose me a Line Driver

Dood

Hi everyone,

I'm just looking to find out if there is a Boss/Mxr sized pedal out there that can drive the signal from instrument level to line level with a master volume (and maybe a parallel out) to enable running a few effects straight in to an active cabinet?

I know that SFX already has a design for something that would be perfect yet a little on the large size, but I was wondering what might be available on the second hand market, being as I am about to be wiped out by car bills.

Options:

Simple line booster with input, level, output and parallel out.
Stereo version of above
As above with three band EQ
As above with separate levels for DI output and 1/4" output (Which is the SFX model, no EQ)

Any thoughts? Of the 'preamp' pedals out there, which will definitely drive a power amp *properly*? (I know I'll have to look at input sensitivity on the active cabinet and output levels attainable from the pedal, but wondered if there were a device already out there that guaranteed an 'all encompassing' output level.)

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1492537302' post='3281060']
I have been doing a lot of research into the GK Plex. The 1/4" on that is balanced and really hot for driving their powered cabinets. Might be worth a look?

Is this for a FR800?
[/quote]

Thank you! And, yes, for the FR800!

Thought as much.

I'm looking at moving to a pedal board centred around the GK as my rig and then a FR800 for the odd time I need backline. Would be really curious to see how it works out for you.

Edited by Jack

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1492537683' post='3281067']
Thought as much.

I'm looking at moving to a pedal board centred around the GK as my rig and then a FR800 for the odd time I need backline. Would be really curious to see how it works out for you.
[/quote]

Yes, i'm certainly curious and as soon as annoying bills stop appearing just at the wrong time, I will be taking the plunge!