Why become a member? ×

D'Addario flexsteels

Twincam

Got a set on a T-Bird, I quite like em, but they're not as flexible as the Dunlop Super Brights, which I feel are easier to slap on. I think the Flexsteels are discontinued now according to a recent thread on here though, although they still seem to be sold online. I have an unopened set going spare if you fancy trying some (45-100 I think)!

I can confirm they have been discontinued, however there are still plenty available for sale on the market.

FlexSteels are steel hex core and stainless steel wrap strings, they sit above ProSteels in terms of brightness in our range. The key difference between these and other strings is the core to wrap ratio. By using a relatively thinner core we are able to build a more flexible string designed for fingerstyle and slap players, they're less harsh feeling than you might typically associate with steels.

The equivalent string in our range now is NYXL Bass, they are a premium nickel-plated steel string with a very similar build and feel to FlexSteels. In terms of brightness they fall between ProSteels and XL Nickels.