Why become a member? ×

Cream / White pickups

Clarky72

So I'm building a new bass. I'm looking for a jazz and a musicman pickup in white or cream.

The jazz is easy enough as there's loads of replacement covers available, but does anyone know of a company who make great jazz and humbuckers in white or cream?

Thx

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1492684284' post='3282251']
So I'm building a new bass. I'm looking for a jazz and a musicman pickup in white or cream.

The jazz is easy enough as there's loads of replacement covers available, but does anyone know of a company who make great jazz and humbuckers in white or cream?

Thx
[/quote]

How about DiMarzio?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1492686279' post='3282278']
Try Herrick pickups, I`m sure Martin will be able to sort something.
[/quote]

Lozz, have you used any of their pickups? Just asking as I've never heard of them before...

[quote name='Burrito' timestamp='1492689292' post='3282340']
I bought a set of cream covers on EBay for my Precision and simply fitted them over the pickup that I had and liked. I'd looked at DiMarzio but this seemed the easiest sensible option. It cost me just a few quid.
[/quote]

Good plan! It does seem the only way to get a white musicman pickup is to buy a cheapo off ebay and just use the cover.

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1492686383' post='3282280']
Lozz, have you used any of their pickups? Just asking as I've never heard of them before...
[/quote]

Yes I`ve got one of their Precision pickups - pretty powerful, less vintage voiced than those in my US Precisions, so less low-mids, and really works with dynamics of playing, can sound clear as a bell, you know, that piano like tone, but hit hard and the gain comes in nicely.

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1492689427' post='3282344']

Good plan! It does seem the only way to get a white musicman pickup is to buy a cheapo off ebay and just use the cover.
[/quote]

Well it's a way of doing it (presuming the cover fits the pick up you're using).

However, as was mentioned in another thread, you can buy a real Musicman one for about £10 if you order it from a shop. You should be able to buy a whole pick up the same way.