Why become a member? ×

Cheap bass flyrig?

sk8

[quote name='Elfrasho' timestamp='1492854558' post='3283643']
Pretty much half the price too.
[/quote]

amazing how much you save when you don't have to research and develop it :)

if everyone bought these copies, Tech21 would go bust, then what will they copy?

Luckily they sell enough to keep going hehe

not having a go at anyone buying a bargain, I certainly have with Joyo pedal boards and power supplies, just making a point.

I managed to snag a fly rig at nearly half price, used from a distributor and it really is nice, hope this one is as good for you.

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1492923801' post='3284094']

if everyone bought these copies, Tech21 would go bust, then what will they copy?

not having a go at anyone buying a bargain, I certainly have with Joyo pedal boards and power supplies, just making a point.

I managed to snag a fly rig at nearly half price, used from a distributor and it really is nice, hope this one is as good for you.
[/quote]

Yep I agree. I actually wrote a bit on my post saying the same thing but I deleted it before posting. It's pretty scandalous that it seems to be acceptable for companies to do this.

Ah good man, I am really interested for one. I keep swaying between a B3 which I know are great, but as with all multiFX have 100s of features you wouldn't use. While these Flyrigs appeal to the more practical side of playing and just have the effects you would use.

So yes, interested to hear your opinion when you get yours!

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1492923801' post='3284094']

[/quote]

I'm sceptical about these R&D costs. Where is the actual innovation here? Most if not all of these pedals are themselves derivative, how much R&D is involved in tweaking a few internal values? In this case, the flyrig is just bolting together existing models into one box, where is the R&D cost in that?

If there was true innovation there would be intellectual property involved and hence injunctions against selling in the EU and US.

The real cost that needs recouping by the big brands is the cost of marketing a derivative product to us suckers*.

* I include myself since I have high price products from the big names too!

it's karma

the manufacturer closes down his factory in the US/UK/Germany/Australia and gets them made in China where there are no labour laws, workers are getting peanuts.

This Chinese factory has no regard for intellectual property and makes forgeries of the exact same product under a 'no name'.

kinda serves the bastards right :)

Edited by bazztard

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1493210284' post='3286516']
it's karma

the manufacturer closes down his factory in the US/UK/Germany/Australia and gets them made in China where there are no labour laws, workers are getting peanuts.

This Chinese factory has no regard for intellectual property and makes forgeries of the exact same product under a 'no name'.

kinda serves the bastards right :)
[/quote]

I wonder how much IP there actually is in many of these products.

The Mooer Tender Octaver for example isn't sold in the UK (you can buy it direct from China), apparently because it contains IP from the POG. So the mechanism does exist to block IP infringing sales at least in the UK/EU.

Therefore I think we have to assume that if we see a clone openly for sale in the UK or EU (like darkglkass, tech 21, ehx clones etc) then we can assume that either the product contains no IP from the original or probably more likely, the original model had no new IP in it anyway.

Edit: PS?: why does noone apply this concept to Fender / Gibson / Musicman clones?

Edited by No. 8 Wire

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1493244724' post='3286923']
This could be pretty handy, as I spent close to 2k on my current pedalboard and seems a bit pointless taking it to less important gigs. Is it possible to use the "fuzz" without the envelope filter?
[/quote]

As soon as I get it, I'll let you know. My main reasons for getting it, was (like you) it being small enough to take to lesser profile gigs whilst still having an effects selection, but for bigger gigs taking both and running my board through the effects loop on it.

In addition to the above, I'm also keen to try it with my upright. Leave the amp and cab at home and Di straight out of this board into the pa. Nice easy set up for me.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1493245441' post='3286931']

As soon as I get it, I'll let you know. My main reasons for getting it, was (like you) it being small enough to take to lesser profile gigs whilst still having an effects selection, but for bigger gigs taking both and running my board through the effects loop on it.

In addition to the above, I'm also keen to try it with my upright. Leave the amp and cab at home and Di straight out of this board into the pa. Nice easy set up for me.
[/quote]

This sounds great in the demos. Interested in your real world thoughts

Morning all,

This morning I received an email containing "exciting news about your recent gear4music order" but it wasn't exciting at all. The delivery date has changed which leads me to believe that they never received their delivery on Friday. My estimated delivery date is now 15/05/17. However, I have a hunch that this may change as Thomann's delivery isn't due until the end of the month. Either way, I'll keep this updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Positive update!

After seeing a July delivery date, I cancelled and ordered through thomann. The Thomann site was showing a stock arrival date of the 25/05/2017, so I ordered. Along came the 25th and it had changed to the 31St.

Just checked my email and it's been dispatched. Although unlikely, I'm hoping it arrives before Friday. If it does I'll be trialling it on Friday night at a gig. The plan is upright, Into the little board and DI straight to the PA, thus saving me having to carry a cab and head around.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1496345718' post='3310773']
Well you've had 90 minutes to play with it, so I'm guessing you're liking it...
[/quote]

Haven't had a chance to try it yet I'm afraid. Im hoping I get in from work early enough this evening that I can try it before my gig tonight.