Why become a member? ×

Hiring a Musician

dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1492760769' post='3282900']
Came across this on Facebook thought i would share.

[attachment=243556:Hire a musician.jpg]

Dave
[/quote]

Excellent post, especially for those that might not completely understand their own value as a musician.

Blue

Our standard response to requests for charity gigs is to offering them a discount on our regular charge. Some of them accept that gratefully, others are never heard from again. I could probably guess which are the genuine charities and which are get-rich-quick chancers!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1492790134' post='3283281']
Our standard response to requests for charity gigs is to offering them a discount on our regular charge. Some of them accept that gratefully, others are never heard from again. I could probably guess which are the genuine charities and which are get-rich-quick chancers!
[/quote]

I will gladly play for reputable on the up and up charity because I believe in the cause.

At 64, I don't really care about exposure. You are exposed to opportunities at paid gigs just as much as a freebie, probably more so.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1492790629' post='3283286']
I will gladly play for reputable on the up and up charity because I believe in the cause.

At 64, I don't really care about exposure. You are exposed to opportunities at paid gigs just as much as a freebie.

Blue
[/quote]

Yep, and while you're setting up and playing a free gig, you could be doing the same for decent money, and equal exposure. Doing it because you believe in the event's aims, that's a different thing.

But an awful lot are, and do great work. It's sad to see the repeated slagging off on this forumof charities, it's the one and only thing I don't like on here. If you fancy doing it, do it, otherwise don't. It's fairly simple. If you have doubts about the running or accounts of a charity your time would be better served contacting the charities commission with your concerns.

Edited by T-Bay