Hello from Zürich...

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Counsellor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hello everybody, my name's Ralf. I'm originally from Germany but moved to Zürich/Switzerland over 12 years ago. Both my grandparents were professional musicians so that must've had an Impact on me I guess.
Started playing Bass in 1986 with a first ever liveshow the following year 1987. Since then I played in various bands/projects and/or for single artists. Usually in the genre of Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and even Thrash/Death etc. Some of my influences are John Entwistle, Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Geddy Lee, Steve DiGiorgio just to name a few...
I was lucky enough to achieve nearly 20 album recordings and international releases so far, various European tours and Festival liveshows (smaller, mostly mid-sized and a (very few) couple of stadiums).
In addition I'm a singer/songwriter and live/tour bass/guitar tech (even though that's a couple of years ago). Currently I play in three active bands with one of 'em being my own (my lifeblood so to say...).
Still semi-pro so I never could make a living solely on playing and writing. In my dayjob I'm a counsellor and coach (life, career etc. hence my profile name.

As far as my gear/equipment is concerned: endorsed by Spector Basses USA. But I play Rickenbacker 4003 and Fender Precision and Jazz Basses as well (depending on the band and style).
Amps: Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine, Orange OB1-500, Orange AD200B MK3, EBS Compressor Pedal, Darkglass Microtubs B3K Pedal, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pedal, Vovox Cables etc.

Over the decades I had several teachers and attended various summer programs at academies/colleges. This summer I'll start studying for my BA degree...rather late than never :lol: :D...

I'm looking for good chats and for a creative exchange of opinions regarding equipment, playing techniques, songwriting/composing and so on...and I'm always open for new and challenging sessions and other creative collaborations...and questions are always welcome...looking forward talking to you guys.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

#2 cetera

Blue-Veined Custard-Chucking Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Welcome Ralf! You'll find plenty of likeminded and friendly people here :)
Oh, and more than a few Spector users too ;)

Proud 'SPECTOR' & 'CORT' endorsee

Posted Image

Leather And Lace - The Classic Rock Anthems & Power Ballads Show
Dressed To Kill - The KISS Tribute
Dressed To Kill - Facebook

My Feedback thread
"I don't like Scientology. I'm not even a fan of stupidity when it isn't evil."

#3 The Counsellor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Thanks cetera!!! Cheers! :happy:

Edited by The Counsellor, 21 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Telebass

Old fart with a P-bass...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • Interests:Bass.
    Cycling.
    Old Underground trains.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Welcome!
Basses: Fender Precision Bitsa, Yamaha BB414
Noise: Markbass!