Why become a member? ×

Mooer Tender Octaver Pro (POG imitation)

BassApprentice

So the original micro Tender Octave got discontinued (wonder why?)

But they've got a new Pro version coming out which for budget effects people can only be good news [url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2017/04/20/mooer-audio-introduces-tender-octaver-pro-pedal/"]http://www.notreble....aver-pro-pedal/[/url]

Seems to have very similar controls to the Micro POG.

This is a comparison of the original Tender Octave pedal against a Nano Pog
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cnu9Dl9GdQ[/media]

Edited by BassApprentice

[quote name='hrnn1234' timestamp='1493143072' post='3286036']
The bypass sucks the soul out of the clean tone pretty bad. Because of that I don't use it.
[/quote]

Really? In what way?
I ask because it's a true bypass switch, so the bypass isn't touching the circuitry.....which means it won't tone suck by design.

It would surprise me if the Tender Octaver Pro sounds the same (as good?) as the previous version. EHX has it shut down for a reason, I suspect the algorithm Mooer used being too similar if not the same as the POG. So they likely had to change it for the Pro.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1493154531' post='3286164']
Really? In what way?
I ask because it's a true bypass switch, so the bypass isn't touching the circuitry.....which means it won't tone suck by design.

It would surprise me if the Tender Octaver Pro sounds the same (as good?) as the previous version. EHX has it shut down for a reason, I suspect the algorithm Mooer used being too similar if not the same as the POG. So they likely had to change it for the Pro.

Si
[/quote]

it's weird, because it should be a true bypass and leave the clean signal alone. I've been fooling around for a while with chinese knockoff pedals and the true bypass is what they always screw me with. the joyo ultimate drive I got was also buffered.

I haven't checked with the power supply unplugged to confirm whether it is or isn't a true bypass, but in the end I never missed the thing, so it stayed off the pedalboard.

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1493191553' post='3286274']
If Thomann get it in stock I may order it and take advantage of the 30 day guarantee. As you pointed out, it was discontinued for a reason so to make another under the same name suggests somethings changed.
[/quote]

amazon is selling it as well. you can try with them too.