Why become a member? ×

Overwater Elite 6. Early 90s. - SOLD
£1350

Owen

As per usual, it looks like the market does not agree with my pricing structure,

£1200 delivered.

I have always wanted to try bottom F#. Because lower it better, obv. I bought this bass on here and it needed a lot of love. I sent it up to Overwater for special Overwater love. It is a 25 year old bass so it has it's share of knocks, but because it is a light finish they are really not visible until you look very closely. I will not pretend that it is light. It is 12lbs 4 ozs and it is a big instrument. But the sound! Chris put a new 2 band Overwater/East pre into it, dressed the frets and built a new bridge because they do not use that bridge any more. I thought that I had settled on my 33" scale Shukers, but the focus of 36" is quite something. I have no idea what the wood is I am afraid. The pickups are the original Overwater ones and the there is a series parallel pull function on the volume knob. In the pics there is a D tuner on the F# which I will replace with a normal machine head before I sell it. I have owned Ritter, Sei, MTD USA, Lakland USA, Shuker, Status etc and I feel that this is very easily the equal if not better than them all. It is an absolute monster, I just cannot handle a 6th string. I am clearly a lightweight :( I played it last night and spent the whole set thinking instead of playing. I think that it is priced fairly for what it is. I still would love to have F# but my head will not deal with an extra string. Ho hum.

Edited by owen

Awwww! Shame it didn't work out for you personally, I know that you'd put a lot of effort in to going for the F#. I'd been following your thread with interest.

Great bass and I am sure it will be snapped up quickly!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1492790310' post='3283285']
Awwww! Shame it didn't work out for you personally, I know that you'd put a lot of effort in to going for the F#. I'd been following your thread with interest.

Great bass and I am sure it will be snapped up quickly!
[/quote]

It was fun while it lasted, but I know my limits!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lietuva' timestamp='1495478055' post='3304076']
It's nice to see it restored.. I wrote you few messages about this bass half a year ago. Sadly, I bought Pavel Gibor 6 instead. It would be interesting to hear how it sounds.
[/quote]

Argh! You did and I should have got back to you. Sorry!

Owen kindly sent me a wav file of a demo of the sound from this bass. It sounds perfect if you like a great, clean tone. The notes ring and it'll be great for chords.

If you like dirt in your bass, then there's always the gain pot on the amp, or an overdrive pedal.

I'd love to go ahead, but Mrs G and I have had a chat and come to the conclusion that I'm not yet ready for a 6. I need to keep the incentive to have to travel the fretboard for a bit longer. So, with much regret I'm going to pass on the opportunity. :(

So, please take this as a recommendation that this is a seriously nice bass.

Thanks Owen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...