Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V8 info needed

T-Bay

I have 99% of the schematics for the Trace Elliot V8 and a tame electronics engineer so have been hatching a plan to make a one off replica. We sat down this evening to get a parts list together and all is good except that schematics miss out the transformers. They show some info but not enough to spec them properly.

I don't suppose anyone would have a link to any part numbers or ratings for these?

They have the transformers for the v4 and v6 but not the V8, too rare presumably. I am hoping not to buy them anyway as I have access to a stock of NOS and used ones. Just need to get an idea of what spec they are to see if I can match them.

I can't help with the transformer specs although I read something years ago about Demeter having something to do them? I might have made that up but it's ringing a bell..

On another note, I'd love to see the finished item when it's done and maybe a comparison with my V4 (it's a mk2 so has all the same bells and whistles as the V8) at some point..

Best of luck!