Why become a member? ×

If it seems too good to be true...

Andy_L

Hope this is the right forum for something like this.

This seems very cheap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/7f7/Bass-EBS-Classic-212CL-EBS-Cabinet/B00H5SBZSG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1492849505&sr=8-6&keywords=ebs+bass

Am I right to be suspicious do you think?

[quote name='Andy_L' timestamp='1492864714' post='3283750']
It's a 212 cheaper than anyone else is selling a 112
[/quote]It's probably an overstock or closeout item, when you consider this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBS-Classic-112-Cabinet-12-Inch/dp/B007OT3IPY/ref=sr_1_5?m=A10DFBRU1UE41R&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1492865340&sr=1-5

seems the price is significantly higher on their eBay store - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172373634066

Coincidentally, I ordered a couple of EBS patch cables from these guys a few days ago and am awaiting delivery so I'll let you know if/when they arrive as described!

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1492871867' post='3283805']
seems the price is significantly higher on their eBay store - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172373634066

Coincidentally, I ordered a couple of EBS patch cables from these guys a few days ago and am awaiting delivery so I'll let you know if/when they arrive as described!
[/quote]

That sounds more the sort of price I'd expect. Hmm, I wonder if they'd honour the price or be suddenly out of stock. At least it looks like it's not a scam

Edited by Andy_L

Well I guess the only thing you can do is try it and see. It could well be that they've reduced the price to shift them...but if it is some sort of pricing mistake then I don't know if I'd want to give them a heads up before clicking the buy button. If you go for it, the worst that can happen is they tell you the price is wrong and refund you your money. Whatever happens you have Amazon providing some buyer protection.

I have had two seriously bad experiences with Amazon market place, both at work and cost over £600 in total. One was particularly disgraceful as their customer services had copies of the emails where the supplier refused to do anything whatsoever despite a brand new item not working. Amazon really did not give a damn and refused to help in any way at all. In the end it was the credit car company that got the money back. The second time was a mis delivery, somehow that was our fault despite the fact that we have our own postcode and no number etc, we are big enough that there is just us. Again we got nowehere. Bad enough but if I tell you it's a school for kids with disabilities it makes it bordering on sick in my opinion. Needless to say we never order from them now.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1492877798' post='3283853']
30Kg? wouldn't bother, there's plenty of heavy weight second hand stuff about a lot lot cheaper that that
[/quote]

I see where you're coming from but it would go nicely with my EBS head and I do like the Classic look. 4 ohms would help to shut up our guitarist as well ;)

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1492881438' post='3283885']
I have had two seriously bad experiences with Amazon market place, both at work and cost over £600 in total. One was particularly disgraceful as their customer services had copies of the emails where the supplier refused to do anything whatsoever despite a brand new item not working. Amazon really did not give a damn and refused to help in any way at all. In the end it was the credit car company that got the money back. The second time was a mis delivery, somehow that was our fault despite the fact that we have our own postcode and no number etc, we are big enough that there is just us. Again we got nowehere. Bad enough but if I tell you it's a school for kids with disabilities it makes it bordering on sick in my opinion. Needless to say we never order from them now.
[/quote]

That's terrible. Really sorry to hear.

I've emailed them and will wait to see what they have to say. Thanks all

I recently saw a Markbass combo on Amazon that was around £200 cheaper than it should of been. The odd thing was that the shop seemed to be a domestic electronics outlet with a few token (and very cheap) Markbass amps in stock. I emailed to sound them out and had a reply the next day stating that their account had been hacked..