Why become a member? ×

Vintage P bass picking up radio!

The test will be when I next go to rehearsal, I never seem to have a problem at home but it always buzzes or picks up the radio when rehearsing, I'm guess they have some dodgy wiring!
Any tips on stopping these old pots from seizing up from time to time? Contact cleaning frees them up pretty quick but would rather it never happened at all!

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1493032386' post='3284925']
The test will be when I next go to rehearsal, I never seem to have a problem at home but it always buzzes or picks up the radio when rehearsing, I'm guess they have some dodgy wiring!
Any tips on stopping these old pots from seizing up from time to time? Contact cleaning frees them up pretty quick but would rather it never happened at all!
[/quote]there is no magic cure to fix the pots may be it would be best to replace the loom and keep the original pots while they are still in working order kiogan is the man to speak to contact cleaner is only a short term fix I'm afraid the internals of your pots are probably worn

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1493056687' post='3285262']
there is no magic cure to fix the pots may be it would be best to replace the loom and keep the original pots while they are still in working order kiogan is the man to speak to contact cleaner is only a short term fix I'm afraid the internals of your pots are probably worn
[/quote]

Would rather not replace them, but if needs must I will consider it, any suggestions for replacement loom?

Yes speak to our very own kiogan he will sort you out with a nice solderless loom for a great price and it is very easy to put the old loom back in if ever needed I think taking the old ones out while they are still in working condition is a good idea then if you sell the bass you can put the old loom back in so it's all original and working