Why become a member? ×

Dating Ashdown Gear

haysy

The serial number is a good giveaway. I can't remember myself how it works but pop it on the thread and someone may be able to assist :)

BTW I was disappointed, I thought the thread would be about the time you took your ABM out to dinner and it got a bit pissed.... :blink:

[quote name='haysy' timestamp='1492980602' post='3284639']
Sorry about the disappointment but she's just not that type of lady!
[/quote]

Strange, my ABM loves late nights out in pubs. Can get a bit loud sometimes, though.

Thanks blunderthumbs. How do I know if it's uk or China production. When did Ashdown move production there?
Is the quality compromised in the opinion of the very knowledgeable on BC?
I want to pair it with a uk made 550 tourer, but not if it won't do it justice.....

[quote name='haysy' timestamp='1492981848' post='3284659']
Thanks blunderthumbs. How do I know if it's uk or China production. When did Ashdown move production there?
Is the quality compromised in the opinion of the very knowledgeable on BC?
I want to pair it with a uk made 550 tourer, but not if it won't do it justice.....
[/quote]

The PRC ABM cabs are just fine, you have no worries there

[quote name='blunderthumbs' timestamp='1493042709' post='3285108']
If It's made in China it usually says ' Made in PRC' on the back. Not sure when this happened. I'm sure
somebody reading this thread will chip in with the relevant info ;)
[/quote]

[quote name='drake' timestamp='1493044096' post='3285127']

The PRC ABM cabs are just fine, you have no worries there
[/quote]

Thanks drake, is it just the amps that are maybe variable quality? I suppose not much to go wrong with a good speaker design and the right qualitty parts? I get it tomorrow in time for band rehearsal so we'll see.

Edited by haysy

[quote name='haysy' timestamp='1493044954' post='3285141']
Thanks drake, is it just the amps that are maybe variable quality? I suppose not much to go wrong with a good speaker design and the right qualitty parts? I get it tomorrow in time for band rehearsal so we'll see.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about the PRC heads as all of mine have been older UK built ones. Do you know what the 'variable quality' is? Or is this a forum rumour/speculation because manufacture has switched overseas??

[quote name='drake' timestamp='1493051147' post='3285204']
I'm not sure about the PRC heads as all of mine have been older UK built ones. Do you know what the 'variable quality' is? Or is this a forum rumour/speculation because manufacture has switched overseas??
[/quote]

I suppose I'm just repeating rumours and speculation about Chinese Ashdown amps I suppose. I have a Chinese TC BG250 that blew a few weeks after buying new. The shop replaced it and it's worked fine ever since (nearly 4 years) although the Toneprint software now doesn't seem to want to update. Give a dog a bad name I suppose. You watch, my UK made Ashdown Touring will die on me next week :blush:

My ABM 500 evo II is UK made, and so is my Touring 330 combo. I think my EB 180 is, but it's not kept at home so I can't check. My new ABM 600 should be delivered tomorrow, and I am sure they are all made in the PRC. I'll let you know how it's going after a few gigs.

Got the cab and gigged it on Saturday. Really lightweight compared to the 550 touring combo but a great sound when hooked together with the 2x10s in the amp.
Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.