Why become a member? ×

Dual Mono Ashdown setup is ALIVE!

0175westwood29

So recently got the ABM 500 so began thinking of ways to split the rig!

ended up being alot easier than i thought! remembered i had a gigrig synco synco 5 way patch bay and also a gigrig humdinger which has a phase switch and an isolated out so combined those with the es8 and clean dirty setup is go!

all my effects go into the ctm-100 and the abm is just clean, pushing the compression up on the amp and a bit of pre amp grind from the valve.

both heads go into my 810 which ive split so now is two 8 ohm 410's with a custom lead ill get made up so i can use both cabs with one head.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1492949215' post='3284288']
I can switch via the es-8 if needed but to be honest both heads are live all the time!
[/quote]

Interesting, how do you plug them both in? Been wanting to do a clean/dirty rig for a while now!

I have two MAG Ashdowns that are connected by the effects send of a MAG 600 to the low gain input of a MAG 300. The bass is plugged into the 600 (drives two Avatar 210s). The 300 drives a 4 ohm Avatar 210. No effects. The 600 is regular tone and the 300 is either the same tone , or trebley , or extra midrange. The effects send (or tuner out) is loud and bright. This stack is tall, like yours . It does not take up much stage width.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1492949574' post='3284291']

Interesting, how do you plug them both in? Been wanting to do a clean/dirty rig for a while now!
[/quote]

It's all split using my es8, output 1 goes to dirty ctm 100, the output 2 goes into a humdinger from gigrig so I have an isolated out with a phase switch and then out to the clean amp.

Both run all the time each into a 410

Probably missing the obvious as I'm still gassing for a Boss-ES but can the two outputs be one with effects and the other without? Thinking of getting a gigrig three2one so I can plug my synth and bass into the same Boss-ES input but would like to have my synth output going into the effects loop (with all the effects) while my dry bass which does go through the ES can go into the front of the amp. Possible?

[quote name='Westenra' timestamp='1493050599' post='3285199']
Probably missing the obvious as I'm still gassing for a Boss-ES but can the two outputs be one with effects and the other without? Thinking of getting a gigrig three2one so I can plug my synth and bass into the same Boss-ES input but would like to have my synth output going into the effects loop (with all the effects) while my dry bass which does go through the ES can go into the front of the amp. Possible?
[/quote]

totally mate you dnt even need the 321 if your playing one at a time you can just use both inputs on the es8, i send all my effects to my ctm and send nothing to the abm so you can split that way.

so you would just make preset for your synth and bass its an awesome thing the es!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1492961487' post='3284401']

It's all split using my es8, output 1 goes to dirty ctm 100, the output 2 goes into a humdinger from gigrig so I have an isolated out with a phase switch and then out to the clean amp.

Both run all the time each into a 410
[/quote]

Out of interest does it work at all without the humdinger thing in the chain?

• 2 weeks later...