Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic 50s Precision - NBD

Just picked up a Fender Classic 50s Precision today, and oh good grief, it is lovely.
I have used a standard Jazz bass for the last 7 years or so, and it has been the only bass I've used so this is quite a change.
I'm still getting used to that wider string spacing and that 1.75 nut. But hey it's absolutely lovely, and it came with flats!

Has anyone else got, or used, one of these?

Edited by Guest

Great basses the 50's, brilliant tone & quality. Funny enough I've picked up a 2012 USA P today and the quality on the MIM 50's was easily on par.

Shameless plug, but, I have hipshot d-tuner I'm going to sell on here that goes on the 50's (reversed tuner too)

Any how enjoy that bass, surely a classic in the making :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1492977548' post='3284606']
They are nice, I sometimes use my Roadworn P now with flats, pretty much the same bass.
[/quote]

I've always loved the sound of a P Bass with flats, happy to say I've finally joined the club.

[quote name='joshplaysbass' timestamp='1492967473' post='3284468']
Just picked up a Fender Classic 50s Precision today, and oh good grief, it is lovely.
I have used a standard Jazz bass for the last 7 years or so, and it has been the only bass I've used so this is quite a change.
I'm still getting used to that wider string spacing and that 1.75 nut. But hey it's absolutely lovely, and it came with flats!

Has anyone else got, or used, one of these?
[/quote]

I have the very same one (my avatar - I replaced the pickguard 'though, I didn't like the feel of the metallic one)... it's lovely and one of only a handful of basses I never felt I wanted to change anything in it (functionally)... I love the wide spacing!

I have exactly the same bass, same fingerboard and colour.
It's my only bass and I love it, is definitely a keeper. I bought mine from someone who changed the original pickups for Delano ones, so not sure about the difference that this made, but I love the sound of it, so all good :)

• 2 weeks later...