Why become a member? ×

NBD - 2012 USA Precision Standard

Raslee

Rarely do I do a NBD as I change my basses on what seems almost like a daily basis :yarr: .....not in search of the eternal wonderful tone I hasten to add, rather i just like trying different basses and gear.....and it seems Mrs Raslee is for life and probably would result in too much of a [s]financial[/s] emotional loss to change that one...as often. Basses are easier to flirt with and swap around.....ahem crude hypothesis alert!

Anyhow enough ramble, out with the Stingray (which I loved for a while but time for a change), and in with a 2012 USA Precision with a nod to the Jamerson look that I dig. By god does it sing - think the trader said it had a 60's type pick up???, It is really funky, light, and well just sexy and simple.....don't get me wrong I'm 'probably' a jazz man at heart but i do bloody love a good P and so far this seems pretty darn good......I'm sure I'll sell it soon when the honeymoon 24hrs wears off as I'm clearly a self confessed gear [s]consultant [/s]tart at heart :P - P Love to all the P lovers....i'm back in the club B)

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1493011025' post='3284743']
exactly the same as my 2013 P :)

Fender CS60s pickups, possibly the best pups in decades.

Concensus seems to say the 2010 to 2016 Am Stnds are the best ever, I can't rgue with that.
[/quote] Cheers guys - from what's been said it must be why we're bonding...loving the tone :)

Like everyone has said the 2012-16 Am.Std are phenomenal and the Custom Shop pickups, are the finishing touch to these basses defiantly Fender's best to date. I bought mine new back in Jan '15 & love the light weight & great feeling neck, hope you enjoy owning yours as much as I am with mine B) . The only things I've added are Fender flatwounds & Fender strap locks :D .
[url="http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/luckman67/media/unnamed_zps5evljnbc.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by luckman67

[quote name='luckman67' timestamp='1493061659' post='3285322']
Like everyone has said the 2012-16 Am.Std are phenomenal and the Custom Shop pickups, are the finishing touch to these basses defiantly Fender's best to date. I bought mine new back in Jan '15 & love the light weight & great feeling neck, hope you enjoy owning yours as much as I am with mine B) . The only things I've added are Fender flatwounds & Fender strap locks :D .
[url="http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/luckman67/media/unnamed_zps5evljnbc.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

White, black pickguard, maple board, in my opinion the best looking precision combination ever.

But then I'm a huge Ramones fan.

Edited by Cato