Why become a member? ×

Hello from Leicestershire

j1mu5

Hi, I'm James I've only just started playing the bass a couple of months ago. Having spent time as a teenager trying to learn to play guitar I have to say bass feels like a much better fit for me. I’ve been taking lessons with a local teacher and would like to say I'm making good progress at the moment.

I currently have two basses an Ibanez GSR190 and an MIM Fender Jazz which arrived a week or so ago. Next on this list is an upgrade on my practice amp as the one that came as part of the Ibanez starting has developed a terrible buzzing noise.

I have a varied taste in music but have been listening to a lot of Marcus Miller and Jamiroquai recently and have been inspired to start to learning a couple of Jamiroquai bass lines starting with Deeper Underground.

Welcome to Basschat j1mu5,
I'm sure you'll find lots of answers to questions on here - so be sure to join in with discussions and ask away
Also, keep an eye out for local bass bash events advertised on here. You'll be able to meet up with fellow players, try out other peoples basses and amps / gear and do some comparative assessments, and moreover, have a good chat with other bass players

I think you've done the right thing, in taking some lessons early on in your playing - so many of us don't - then we develop bad habits! lol
Anyhow, welcome also to the world of bass.... the best, and most essential instrument :)

and hello from South Wales
best
Marc