Why become a member? ×

MODS please lock - Both now traded: Fender Flea Jazz or Roadworn Jazz, trade for Fender Medium Scale P or J. PIcs added
£720

Marc S

As per title, I'm offering my superb Fender Flea sig Jazz in trade for a Medium Scale Fender Bass. I'd prefer a Precision, but might be tempted by a Jazz. I've seen a couple of Japan built P/J 32" scale Jazzes, and I'm sorely tempted by one of these...

The Flea Jazz is just sublime, as anyone who owns one will know. Mine is in as-bought condition, i.e. no more "Roadworn" than a new one. It's superbly set up (by previous owners luthier) and plays with the lightest of touches. Set up with light-ish gauge strings. It comes with all the hang tags / case candy - but I don't have the original gigbag. I can let you have a gigbag, or possibly a hard case - for the right deal

I have 2 Jazzes, one being the Flea sig, the other being my equally lovely Fender Roadworn Jazz, which is also sublime. In fact, it's the bass that made me fall for Fenders again (after a long absence!) I'm really torn between the two - I can't choose whether to sell the RW or the Flea - so I'm offering either in trade for the right Medium Scale (or possibly short scale) Fender P or J. I know this might seem odd, but I've a real hankering for a shorter scale Fender, and I can't justify owning any more, and I really can't decide whether I'd prefer to keep my Flea or my RW ;)

I'm based in South Wales (Cardiff) and I'd much prefer to meet up, to make sure we're both happy with the trade and both happy with how each bass plays. If we need to meet halfway, I've got a decent (QTX) battery amp and Vox Amp Headphones to test the sound

Both the Flea and the Roadworn would be worth more than a Japan built Med Scale, so I'd anticipate some cash my way, but I'd be willing to be generous for the right bass

I'll take some pics of both basses later

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1493142177' post='3286021']
Well I never thought I would see the day Marc��
[/quote]

I know richardd ;)
I honestly love the Fender RW series basses. But I'm after a medium scale P or J now, and I really can't justify owning any more than my already way too big collection! So something has to go, and I mean what I say when I say I can't decide which I'd prefer to keep - my Roadworn or the Flea sig. They're both superb instruments and feel, look and sound awesome :)

I'm almost tempted to keep the roadworn, as it's the bass that made me fall for Fenders again. I'm tempted to keep the Flea, as the RW is sunbusrt (like my RW P bass) - and I like the colour of the Flea. Both necks feel a little different, but both feel absolutely great! Oh no, I'm talking myself out of this trade now ;)

Bump

Edited by Marc S

Bump. Anyone got a 32" Medium Scale Precision (or maybe Jazz) they'd like to trade for either of these Roadworn beauties? :)
I've seen some nice Fender Japan P/J Jazzes out there - would consider one of those too

Cash price for the Flea would be £720
Cash price for the Roadworn would be £670

Edited by Marc S

Both the Flea and the Roadworn Jazz are now traded, thanks :)
(That was pretty quick!)
I didn't actually anticipate trading both these basses - but a good deal has come up for both, which will shortly result in me thinning the herd by one bass guitar.....
....although, in truth, I'm really missing my RW Jazz....

Edited by Marc S