Why become a member? ×

Tilted jazz bass neck pickup

greyshark

I have a 95 MIM jazz on which I want to install a new set of pickups. The problem is the holes weren't drilled correctly so the result is a neck pickup non parallel to the bridge pickup. I can't drill new holes because it's not that big of a displacement. It wouldn't bother me much but the pickguard that is currently on was cut so the pickup would and I don't want to do that to the one I am planning on installing. Is there anything I can do? On the body it looks like in the factory the holes were drilled in the 2nd attempt. I will post a picture in a 2nd how it looks like.

I think the received wisdom on here is to plug the existing holes with cocktail sticks and superglue, cut the sticks off flush and drill the new holes where they should be, you could use the pickup cover as a drilling jig if you lined it up with the scratchplate.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1493141301' post='3286013']
I think the received wisdom on here is to plug the existing holes with cocktail sticks and superglue, cut the sticks off flush and drill the new holes where they should be, you could use the pickup cover as a drilling jig if you lined it up with the scratchplate.
[/quote]

/\ This /\

Next! :)