Why become a member? ×

Korg Gadget on ipad. Thoughts and experinces?

dave_bass5

I dont do a lot of recording (or playing music for that matter) but i do like to tinker around in Garage band on my ipad pro. I came across Korg's Gadget app yesterday and was impressed with the Youtube videos i saw.
I dont see much talk about this app, and its hardly cheap at £19, so i thought id ask the experts here to see what you guys think, especially compared to Garage band. Not actually worried about the cost, just wondering if its good enough keep up with GB as far as song writing goes. Im very partial to the old Korg sounds but dont want to go down the route of buying any softsynths.

This would be purely for fun, as i also have Sonar on my PC for any serious recording.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 4 weeks later...

The sounds are really good. I bought it when it was first released. If you like to tinker it's fun, but it's a lot more involved that garage band. I haven't tried recording an external source with it, so I couldn't comment on that. But it is a fun app.