Why become a member? ×

Delivery date for the new TE Elf head

TheGreek

Tried an ELF out yesterday at GB Music in Bognor (gbmusic.co.uk) and was amazed at the volume it out our for such a small piece of kit!

It's half the size of my Zoom B3 , and smaller than some pre-amps I've owned in the past.

Quite how it would be in a gig setting I've no idea, but it's a very clever piece of technology.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1504947387' post='3368450']
Tried an ELF out yesterday at GB Music in Bognor (gbmusic.co.uk) and was amazed at the volume it out our for such a small piece of kit!

It's half the size of my Zoom B3 , and smaller than some pre-amps I've owned in the past.

Quite how it would be in a gig setting I've no idea, but it's a very clever piece of technology.
[/quote]

Did you compare it with any other amps Nik? For example the Eden Terra Nova I spy in your first pic is another "new amp from an old legend" and I'd probably have annoyed the shop by basically wanting to try that and everything else too :D

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1504978570' post='3368687']
No, I didn't have time to A/B the Elf against anything else unfortunately.

I was actually trying out a Tokai Thunderbird when Dave at GB suggested I run it through the Elf.

Might get a chance Monday though...
[/quote]

Is that when you're going back to pay for the Thinderbird? ;)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1505029782' post='3368886']
Just had a look at the price of the 2 X 8 cab....£650 ?

So a 250 watt Elf plus cab is £900? My MarkBass 250 watt 2x8 Minimark is less than £600!
[/quote]

The price of that cab is pretty mental I must say.

Before Peavey pulled out of the UK a couple of years ago, just beforehand the Bass Centre was doing an unofficial firesale of Trace Elliott products. I remember quite clearly that you could have got a brand new 4x10 or 1x15 for £250 each.

Now, we get a 2x8 cab for £600 that wouldn't fill a matchbox with sound and an amp so small I'm sure that toddlers would ask "is that it?!!" That's a ton of cash for something so small that doesn't say Barefaced, Bergantino, Vanderkley or Baer on the front.

Trace have to seriously up their game here not the prices.

Edited by Wolverinebass

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1505128993' post='3369612']
Waiting for the head to arrive - I have an original series 1x10 extension cab which I'll be using with it. Acquire the cab for around £100 IIRC - I'm sure that they can work together.... :blush: :blush:
[/quote]

Yes, but does it have the special 'docking station'...?

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1505136748' post='3369710']

GAK have them at £500 already and RichTone Music have them at £450......
[/quote]

No doubt because they have more sense than Trace Elliot and know fully well they would never have sold at the original price in a million years. Even at £450 they'll struggle IMO but they'll probably shift a handful to a few curious buyers.

Edited by CameronJ

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1505138202' post='3369721']
No doubt because they have more sense than Trace Elliot and know fully well they would never have sold at the original price in a million years. Even at £450 they'll struggle IMO but they'll probably shift a handful to a few curious buyers.
[/quote]they won't be selling them at a loss that's for sure Trace must be giving them a huge markup, a selling tatic is to start off with the price high then encourage heavy discounting, then people think they're getting a bargain